- Product Features
Factor 55 brings you the absolute toughest aluminum fairleads on the market today. Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead 1" and 1.5" are CNC machined from thick, USA 6000 series aluminum bar. While the industry standard fairlead thickness is 3/4"'; the Hawse Fairleads thicknesses are 1" and 1.5".
Factor 55's thicker aluminum bar results in a larger outer fillet radius for the synthetic rope to slide against. This results in less stress on the rope fibers during high, angular pulls. In turn, this increases the life of your synthetic rope. These fairleads are also the industry’s first Hawse fairleads that are compatible with the larger 0.5-inch diameter rope tube thimbles. The rope slot height opening is taller to allow the larger 0.5" tube thimbles to pass through. There is also a machined outer corner chamfer to reduce rope stress. This is especially beneficial for when using the winch as a front suspension “suck down” device.
These Fairleads have a hard-anodized coating which resists the abrasion damage from a synthetic winch rope. This is especially crucial during extreme side pulls where rope fiber stresses are extremely high. A Mil-A-8625 Type III hard-anodized finish leaves a .002” thick Al2O3 ceramic coating; one of the top five hardest materials known to man. Another valuable material property from hard-anodized coatings is the low coefficients of friction. Lower friction means lower rope heat.
These Factor 55 Hawse Fairleads come in a durable, MIL-A-8625F TYPE III, gunmetal gray, hard-anodized finish. The Type III hard-anodized coating is not a cosmetic finish, so it doesn't come in bright, pretty colors. It's not fancy, but it is the best finish to extend the life of your synthetic rope! All Hawse Fairleads feature a laser-engraved logo.
- Machined from thick, USA 6000 series aluminum bar
- Available in 1" or 1.5" thicknessFeatures a larger outer fillet radius to accommodate synthetic rope
- Reduces stress on the rope fibers during high, angular pulls
- Extends the life of your synthetic rope
- Compatible with the larger 0.5-inch diameter rope tube thimbles
- Rope slot height is tall enough to accommodate 0.5" tube thimbles
- A machined outer corner chamfer to reduces rope stress
- Comes in a durable, MIL-A-8625F TYPE III, gun metal gray, hard-anodized finish
- The hard-anodized coating resists the abrasion damage from a synthetic winch rope
- The hard-anodized coatings reduces friction on synthetic ropes
- All Hawse Fairleads feature a laser-engraved logo
- Overall Dimension: 12.35 x 3.25″
- For synthetic winch rope only
- Made in the USA
FREE SHIPPING (Continental USA)
FREE standard shipping on orders over $119 (except for heavy freight items like powered coolers, etc). Limited to orders shipped within the continental United States. Other conditions may apply. Please remember that your product total (before shipping costs) must be over $119 to qualify for FREE SHIPPING.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (NO HEAVY FREIGHT!)
We do ship most BROG brand products overseas but, please take note, we do NOT ship heavy products like fridges/powered coolers and fridge slides outside of the continental United States of America.
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
TIME SENSITIVE ORDERS: Many of our customers order from us right before they are taking a trip. We do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible but we always recommend that you place your order well in advance of any trip you may be taking. Please keep in mind, if you order one of our products and it is a low stock item there may be additional time required for production.
Also, please understand: WE TYPICALLY DO NOT SHIP ON THE WEEKENDS because we are closed at that time. If you place an order of in-stock items late Friday it will typically not ship until Monday.
We highly suggest that you DO NOT attempt to place an order at the last minute. We cannot guarantee that your order will be expedited, especially if we are experiencing high order volume. However, we do try to prioritize orders when possible, if necessary - so feel free to contact us for the most recent information on turn-around times.
REROUTING PACKAGES: We also get rerouting requests at times. Rerouting your shipment is possible in many cases but not always. There are alot of details to keep in mind and there is a charge for rerouting - please read all details below:
- Please include in your order notes what day you must have the items "in hand" if your order is time-sensitive.
- If your trip deadline is approaching and you are concerned that you might not receive your order in time, please try to contact us before the item ships to avoid rerouting fees.
- We are happy to reroute already shipped orders to keep up with your changing itinerary. However, please note that once an order leaves our facility, you as the customer are responsible for any rerouting fees assigned by the carrier. Rerouting UPS shipments already in transit are a $35 fee per address change. USPS charges around $15 dollars per address change.
- Not every shipment is eligible for a reroute. Will check the status of your shipment to be sure it's available for delivery changes BEFORE you are charged rerouting fees.
- Rerouting fees can be paid by an online payable invoice at your request. Please note that once an item is rerouted, these fees are non-refundable.
- Rerouting your shipment can add add several days to the transit time of the item. Changing your shipments address doesn't guarantee you will receive the items more quickly than the expected delivery date.
- We cannot switch carriers mid-shipment (i.e., an item intially shipped UPS at your request and you wish to have it delivered by US Mail).
RUGGED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We pride ourselves in building rugged products that you can use for a lifetime. We’re in it for the long haul and so is our gear. Don’t be afraid to put it to the test. If for some reason you don’t love your authentic BROG gear, let us know and we’ll make it right. If you run it over by accident or the kids (human or animal) tear it to pieces, let us know and we’ll replace it. If you drop it off a cliff or some curious squirrels steal it away in the night that would be hard to replace - but if our products don’t survive your typical wear and tear or even your abuse - we want to know about it. We’re here to help you get outdoors and stay organized. If you have any issues or questions contact us.
// See Our Full Warranty: HERE //
You can return any Blue ridge Overland Gear product in 30 days, for any reason. Please contact Customer Support for more information on returning an item (see ways to contact us below).
Shipping return address: Blue Ridge Overland Gear, 2687 Rocky Ford Rd, Bedford Va 24523
Contact Us By Email:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the preferred way to reach us, as it allows us to quickly relate your contact info with your full order history).
Please know our Customer Support Team strives to answer emails in a timely manner. We typically reply within 24 to 48 hours - but please note: we typically do not reply on evenings and weekends when the office is closed.
Call Us On the Phone:
(See here for our hours. Closed on evenings and weekends.)
We are a small team but are dedicated to you - our customer! If we are helping other customers, or you call outside of our normal storefront hours, please leave a message with: (1.) your full name, (2.) a phone number we can reach you at, and (3.) your order number.
Please note: if you call via phone but do not leave us a message we will not be able to return your call.