Jeep JK8 Scrambler Conversion Walkaround
Mandy Brezina of 2IfBy Overland and Team Hemispheres United (a Rebelle Rally race team) stopped by the BROG shop and gave us a tour of her custom Jeep Jk8 Scrambler conversion.
This unique JK8 is a two-door conversion for the four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited built between 2007 and 2018. This conversion is a throwback to the CJ8 “Scramblers” that were popular in the 1980’s and the very rare Jeep Wrangler Unlimited “LJ” built between 2004 and 2006. It’s a hard legacy to compete with, but this JK8 has the muscle to back it up. The list of modifications beyond JK8 body conversion include:
- AEV 3.5” Dual Sport Suspension System with Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
- AEV Borah 17” Wheels with BFG KM3 315/70/17 Mud Tires
- AEV Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
- AEV Heat Reduction Hood and AEV Snorkel
- ARB Front Bumper with Warn 9.5 XP winch with synthetic line and Factor55 thimble
- Gobi Roof Rack and Storage Boxes with ARB side Awning
- Quadratec LED Headlamps and Fog Lamps with JWSpeaker Tail Lamps
- Bumper Mounted AR32 V2 Intensity Lights
- Max Tie Down cargo management system
- Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails
- Universal Single Motor Compressor Kit
- Axles with ARB Air Lockers Heavy Duty Front and Rear Differential Covers
BROG Gear found in this JK8 owned by Mandy and her husband include:
- Molle Seat Back Panel
- Multiple First Aid Kits with headrest panel - for each vehicle and the K9 first aid kit!
- Tool Pouch Sling
- Tool Pouch Roll
- Overland Oil Bag
- Cooking Kit Bag
- Tire Storage Bag
- MaxTrax Transport Bag
- Large Recovery Bag
- 2x Trail Creeper Multi-Purpose Mats
- Jeep Grab Handle Pouch
- 2x MOLLE Visor Organizer Various pouches
This is the Jeep Mandy learned to 4-wheel in with her husband and the core of her Rebelle Rally preparation. Many of the lessons learned behind the wheel of this unique JK8 will be applied during the womens’ only competition later this year. She and her teammate will tackle rough remote terrain and navigate their way through a series of complex rally stages using only their wits and an old fashion map and compass. There will be no GPS or digital navigation aids where these women are going.
Blue Ridge Overland Gear is proud to support the efforts of the Hemispheres United Rebelle Rally Team!