Mount Rogers is the highest natural point in the state of Virginia. With an elevation of 5,729 ft., a backpack bearing the namesake of this stunning landmark had to be equally impressive. The latest in our line of EDC-X bags, this backpack is made for the avid outdoor lover but is also striking enough to use for every day carry, your commute, or urban expeditions.
Our new Mt. Rogers Backpack is designed for those who are looking for more organization than a typical backpack design offers. While it may look like a normal daypack on the outside - on the inside it features an innovative internal pouch system that will change the way you carry your gear.
This bag features rugged, high endurance 1000 Denier Cordura, a unique front opening design with double zippers for wide access, and four inner Velcro-equipped pouches, that can be removed separately or as one unit. Each pouch has a Velcro platform for ID panels to quickly identify contents. The Mt. Rogers also features strategically placed MOLLE on the outside for modular customization; allowing for additional pouches and accessories to be attached.
With sleek leather-shoulder pads and our signature leather brand logo, this bag stands out with it's enduring aesthetic and wilderness worthy functionality.
Backpacks will never be the same!
**Pouches sold separately and are added in the cart. If you delete the pouches item from your cart, you will not receive them**
- Part of our new EDC-X line of bags.
- Total backpack size: 12" wide, 16" tall, 5" deep (tapers to 2.5" at top).
- Made of rugged 1000D Cordura nylon that can handle a lifetime of use and abuse.
- Available in cobalt blue or classic coyote.
- Built-in inner sleeve pocket that runs the height of the backpack. (not padded). Will fit a small laptop or tablet in a thin sleeve, or a low profile hydration bladder (will not hang).
- Outer MOLLE looping for modular customization to attach additional pouches and accessories.
- High-visibility orange liner.
- Contains four 12 x 6 x 4” removable, hook and loop pouches that velcro together and can be removed as one unit or as separate pouches.
- Pouches feature string-reinforced clear vinyl fronts to easily identify contents.
- Pouches also feature a loop Velcro platform for ID Panels.
- The front features double-zip, mil-spec zipper closure, and ITW hardware buckle that secures protective top flap.
- Easy quick access with top opening.
- Front also opens with unique wide opening for total access to contents.
- Adjustable leather shoulder padding
- Shoulder straps are removable.
- Includes grab handle at back of top flap
- Features our authentic branded leather logo
- Handcrafted in Bedford, Virginia, USA
- ‘Blue Ridge Built’ Rugged Lifetime Guarantee.
Our EDC-X line of dual purpose bags span the needs of both everyday carry and expedition travel. Designed to be used on your day-to-day commute as well as on your outdoor and overlanding excursions, these bags are rooted in our founding principles of efficiency and rugged durability. Made of tactical quality materials, these are some of the toughest bags on the market.
As always, each bag comes with our ‘Blue Ridge Built’ rugged Lifetime Warranty and is proudly handcrafted in Bedford, Virginia, USA.
Bags in our EDC-X line include:
with more to come!
The Mt. Rogers is versatile enough for many uses and adaptations:
- Everyday carry
- Hiking (daypack)
- Range Bag
- Search and Rescue
- Expedition travel and overlanding
**Note if you buy the Coyote backpack with the pouch kit, the pouches will also be coyote.
- ID Panels (works on inner pouches)
- Velcro Flat Pouch (12x5") (works on front inside Velcro strip)
- Velcro Pen Pouch (works on front inside Velcro strip)
- Molle Water Bottle Pouch (works on outer, side looping)
- Fire Extinguisher MOLLE Pouch - Medium (fits a 1qt. Nalgene bottle)
- Fire Extinguisher MOLLE Pouch - Large (fits a 40 oz. Hydroflask bottle)
#BlueRidgeBuilt: Buy Once. Use For a Lifetime.
'Blue Ridge Built' is our commitment to design and build the most innovative and durable goods for your adventurous life. All Blue Ridge Overland Gear brand products come with a rugged lifetime guarantee, are made of tactical quality materials, and are carefully crafted by our small but dedicated team of builders here in Bedford, Virginia, USA, since 2012.
RUGGED LIFETIME GUARANTEE
We pride ourselves in building rugged products that you can use for a lifetime. We’re in it for the long haul and so is our gear. Don’t be afraid to put it to the test. If for some reason you don’t love your authentic BROG gear, let us know and we’ll make it right.
If you run it over by accident or the kids (human or animal) tear it to pieces, let us know and we’ll replace it. If you drop it off a cliff or some curious squirrels steal it away in the night, that would be hard to replace. If our products don’t survive your typical wear and tear, or even your abuse - we want to know about it.
Here's the fine print:
- We design and build our products to last a lifetime of adventuring. That means we make our products with rugged materials to last the long haul.
- We are happy to fix or replace anything that is produced in our shop - because people who are hard on gear are our kind of people.
- When you buy from us you also get our premium customer support. Our Customer Support Team can be reached by email and phone during normal business hours (EST).
- We are focused on keeping the tradition of quality American manufacturing alive here Bedford, Virginia. Come by the shop and check out how we make our products. We don't just sell stuff - we are makers.
- We're real people, focused on helping you improve your outdoor and overlanding adventures. We care about your experience with us and are committed to continually improving. Give us your feedback - we really listen.
Third Party Products
We recommend and sell a variety of premium overlanding gear and other products that are not produced by us. Please note that anything produced by a third party will have it's own manufacturer's warranty and is not covered by the BROG warranty.
Also, at times, we offer morale patches and t-shirts that may have the BROG logo or messaging on it. We warranty these products but they are not made in-house.