- Product Features
- Our Rugged Warranty
If you want to see this product come back, sign up to be notified when it's back in stock. We gauge interest based on those sign ups.
The Flat Top messenger and trip planning bag (named after Flat Top Mountain - here by the Blue Ridge Mountains) is a streamlined but rugged alternative to your typical messenger bag - and works perfectly as a trip planning bag; designed to hold 4 to 7 maps, atlases or Delorme gazetteers (depending on the thickness of each). The Flat Top serves as a simple every day carry messenger and is perfect as a trip planning bag out in the wild on your next overlanding expedition.
Made of mil-spec quality 500D nylon Cordura and lined with a waterproof truck tarp (vinyl-coated polyester), it features Velcro brand hook and loop panels for customizing with ID panels, morale patches, or additional select BROG pouches. It also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap with a leather pad for comfort and timeless styling.
This bag is a part of our EDC-X* line of dual-purpose bags designed for both everyday carry and expedition travel. Built with high endurance military-grade materials, and crafted in Bedford, Virginia, USA - it comes with our ‘Blue Ridge Built’ Rugged Lifetime Warranty.
Available in Cobalt Blue, Black, Coyote, and at times Merlot (red).
(Note: This is a newly updated and optimized design for our original Trip Planning Bag.)
- Made of rugged 500D Cordura nylon
- Comes with a leather-padded adjustable shoulder strap
- Large enough to hold 4 to 7 large atlas maps
- Large front Velcro panel - great for attaching hook and loop pouches
- Features a 4” Velcro platform for ID panels or vanity patches
- Features our signature, authentic branded logo
- Interior lined with a vinyl-coated polyester truck tarp
- Dimensions | 13.5 x 2 x 17"
- Toggle and barrel lock closures
- Available colors | Cobalt Blue, Black, or Coyote
- Handcrafted in Bedford, Virginia, USA
- ‘Blue Ridge Built’ Rugged Lifetime Warranty
Our EDC-X line of dual-purpose bags span the needs of both everyday carry and expedition travel. Designed to be used on your day-to-day commute as well as on your outdoor and overlanding excursions, these bags are rooted in our founding principles of efficiency and rugged durability. Made of tactical quality materials, these are some of the toughest bags on the market.
As always, each bag comes with our ‘Blue Ridge Built’ rugged Lifetime Warranty and is proudly handcrafted in Bedford, Virginia, USA.
Bags in our EDC-X line include:
with more to come!
This rugged messenger bag is perfect for lightweight travel from home to office. With a streamlined profile, this bag is designed to transport your commuting essentials without unnecessary bells and whistles. The Cordura outer shell and truck tarp inner lining combine for life-long resistance to abrasions, tears, and weather. It can fit a 15” laptop or smaller with a laptop sleeve (not included).
Expedition Travel and Overlanding
This is an updated version of our Trip Planning Bag. Designed to hold 4 to 7 maps, atlases or Delorme gazetteers (depending on the thickness of each). The Flat Top serves as a perfect trip planning bag and companion out in the wild on your next overlanding expedition.
The Flat Top Messenger works with the following accessories:
- ID Panels (recommended for topmost Velcro platform panel)
#BlueRidgeBuilt: Buy Once. Use For a Lifetime.
'Blue Ridge Built' is our commitment to design and build the most innovative and durable goods for your adventurous life. All Blue Ridge Overland Gear brand products come with a rugged lifetime guarantee, are made of tactical quality materials, and are carefully crafted by our small but dedicated team of builders here in Bedford, Virginia, USA, since 2012.
RUGGED LIFETIME GUARANTEE
We pride ourselves in building rugged products that you can use for a lifetime. We’re in it for the long haul and so is our gear. Don’t be afraid to put it to the test. If for some reason you don’t love your authentic BROG gear, let us know and we’ll make it right.
If you run it over by accident or the kids (human or animal) tear it to pieces, let us know and we’ll replace it. If you drop it off a cliff or some curious squirrels steal it away in the night, that would be hard to replace. If our products don’t survive your typical wear and tear, or even your abuse - we want to know about it.
Here's the fine print:
- We design and build our products to last a lifetime of adventuring. That means we make our products with rugged materials to last the long haul.
- We are happy to fix or replace anything that is produced in our shop - because people who are hard on gear are our kind of people.
- When you buy from us you also get our premium customer support. Our Customer Support Team can be reached by email and phone during normal business hours (EST).
- We are focused on keeping the tradition of quality American manufacturing alive here Bedford, Virginia. Come by the shop and check out how we make our products. We don't just sell stuff - we are makers.
- We're real people, focused on helping you improve your outdoor and overlanding adventures. We care about your experience with us and are committed to continually improving. Give us your feedback - we really listen.
Third Party Products
We recommend and sell a variety of premium overlanding gear and other products that are not produced by us. Please note that anything produced by a third party will have it's own manufacturer's warranty and is not covered by the BROG warranty.
We offer morale patches, nametapes (ID panels), and at times t-shirts, that may have the BROG logo or messaging on it. We warranty these products but they are not made in-house.
FREE SHIPPING (Continental USA)
FREE standard shipping on orders over $119 of Blue Ridge Overland Gear brand products (please note: that means product total before shipping costs). Limited to orders shipped within the continental United States and does not include anything but Blue Ridge Overland Gear. Other conditions may apply. Please remember that your product total (before shipping costs) must be over $119 to qualify for FREE SHIPPING.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (NO HEAVY FREIGHT!)
We do ship most BROG brand products overseas but, please take note, we do NOT ship heavy products like fridges/powered coolers and fridge slides outside of the continental United States of America.
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
TIME SENSITIVE ORDERS: Many of our customers order from us right before they are taking a trip. We do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible but we always recommend that you place your order well in advance of any trip you may be taking. Please keep in mind, if you order one of our products and it is a low stock item there may be additional time required for production.
We highly suggest that you DO NOT attempt to place an order at the last minute. We cannot guarantee that your order will be expedited, especially if we are experiencing high order volume. However, we do try to prioritize orders when possible, if necessary - so feel free to contact us for the most recent information on turn-around times.
REROUTING PACKAGES: We also get rerouting requests at times. Rerouting your shipment is possible in many cases but not always. There are alot of details to keep in mind and there is a charge for rerouting - please read all details below:
- Please include in your order notes what day you must have the items "in hand" if your order is time-sensitive.
- If your trip deadline is approaching and you are concerned that you might not receive your order in time, please try to contact us before the item ships to avoid rerouting fees.
- We are happy to reroute already shipped orders to keep up with your changing itinerary. However, please note that once an order leaves our facility, you as the customer are responsible for any rerouting fees assigned by the carrier. Rerouting UPS shipments already in transit are a $35 fee per address change. USPS charges around $15 dollars per address change.
- Not every shipment is eligible for a reroute. Will check the status of your shipment to be sure it's available for delivery changes BEFORE you are charged rerouting fees.
- Rerouting fees can be paid by an online payable invoice at your request. Please note that once an item is rerouted, these fees are non-refundable.
- Rerouting your shipment can add add several days to the transit time of the item. Changing your shipments address doesn't guarantee you will receive the items more quickly than the expected delivery date.
- We cannot switch carriers mid-shipment (i.e., an item intially shipped UPS at your request and you wish to have it delivered by US Mail).
RUGGED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We pride ourselves in building rugged products that you can use for a lifetime. We’re in it for the long haul and so is our gear. Don’t be afraid to put it to the test. If for some reason you don’t love your authentic BROG gear, let us know and we’ll make it right. If you run it over by accident or the kids (human or animal) tear it to pieces, let us know and we’ll replace it. If you drop it off a cliff or some curious squirrels steal it away in the night that would be hard to replace - but if our products don’t survive your typical wear and tear or even your abuse - we want to know about it. We’re here to help you get outdoors and stay organized. If you have any issues or questions contact us.
// See Our Full Warranty: HERE //
You can return any Blue ridge Overland Gear product in 30 days, for any reason. Please contact Customer Support for more information on returning an item (see ways to contact us below).
Shipping return address: Blue Ridge Overland Gear, 2687 Rocky Ford Rd, Bedford Va 24523
Contact Us By Email:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the preferred way to reach us, as it allows us to quickly relate your contact info with your full order history).
Please know our Customer Support Team strives to answer emails in a timely manner. We typically reply within 24 to 48 hours - but please note: we typically do not reply on evenings and weekends when the office is closed.
Call Us On the Phone:
(See here for our hours. Closed on evenings and weekends.)
We are a small team but are dedicated to you - our customer! If we are helping other customers, or you call outside of our normal storefront hours, please leave a message with: (1.) your full name, (2.) a phone number we can reach you at, and (3.) your order number.
Please note: if you call via phone but do not leave us a message we will not be able to return your call.