- HM65R Specifications
- Additional Features
- Operating Instructions
- Usage and Maintenance
Includes HM65R Headlamp and E-Lite Mini Flashlight
The Fenix HM65R headlamp features both an independently controlled spotlight and a floodlight for a combined maximum 1400 lumens of neutral and white light. The HM65R can spotlight and floodlight independently, or combined. Powered by the included 18650 battery, this headlamp is USB-C rechargeable and includes a battery level indicator. It is made of a magnesium alloy for better strength, impact resistant to 2 meters (6.6ft), with less weight. Plus it is completely dustproof and waterproof to 2m. The perforated reflective headband reduces weight and creates a more comfortable feel. Use the optional top headband for a more secure fit. Perfect for work or outdoor adventures, and those needing extremely bright hands-free lighting and long runtimes in a small, light-weight package.
- Length: 3.2” (80.5mm)
- Width: 2.2” (55mm)
- Height: 1.6” (40mm)
- 3.4 oz. (97g) excluding battery
- One included 18650 rechargeable Lithium-ion battery or two CR123A batteries
Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting USA
- Spot and floodlight for various lighting demands.
- Ability to use spot and floodlights independently or at the same time
- Cree XM-L2 U2 white, XP-G2 R5 neutral white LED, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V/CR123A batteries
- Constant current circuit guarantees longer runtime
- Dual top switches for easy and fast operation
- USB Type-C charging, 1.5A large current
- Quality aluminum, magnesium and PC material, lightweight and durable
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating
- 3.17″ Length x 2.17″ Width x 1.57″ Height (80.5 x 55x 40 mm)
- 3.42 oz / 97 grams (excluding battery)
- Spotlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
- Floodlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
- Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp.
- Mode switching
- Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to reach the corresponding mode.
- Spotlight mode: For the first use, single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Turbo→Low.
- Floodlight mode: For the first use, single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Low.
- Lock | With the lamp switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink 4 times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
- Unlock |With the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activates on Low of floodlight mode.
- In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
- Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3400 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 2 hours with the lamp being switched off. When charging, Med output of spotlight or floodlight mode can be separately or simultaneously selected. The light will not automatically power on after full charging.
- In charging process, one indicator flashes: below 20%, one constant-on and one flashes: 21%-50%, two constant-on and one flashes: 51%-80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 81% – 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
- Replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dust-proof ability.
Battery Level Indicators
With the lamp switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, single click once again the lamp will go out immediately, or without any operation the status will last for 3 seconds. There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: 100% – 81%
- Three lights on: 80% – 61%
- Two lights on: 60% – 41%
- One light on: 40% – 21%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0%
Unscrew the battery cover anticlockwise to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the , then screw the battery cover back on.
Low Voltage Warning
When the battery level is detected critical for currently used output, one of the indicator will flash to remind. Replace the battery or recharge the lamp as soon as possible.
Top Headband Removal/Assembly
- Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Slip the headband out through the slot of the adjustment clip.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the back top band holder’s slit.
- Slide the adjustment clip through the secondary clip.
- Remove the secondary clip through the front top band holder’s slit.
To install the top band, just reverse these removal steps.
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
- A) The battery needs replacing.
- Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
- B) The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
- Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- If the above methods don’t work, please contact the distributor.
- The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes.
FREE SHIPPING (Continental USA)
FREE standard shipping on orders over $119 (except for heavy freight items like powered coolers, etc). Limited to orders shipped within the continental United States. Other conditions may apply. Please remember that your product total (before shipping costs) must be over $119 to qualify for FREE SHIPPING.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (NO HEAVY FREIGHT!)
We do ship most BROG brand products overseas but, please take note, we do NOT ship heavy products like fridges/powered coolers and fridge slides outside of the continental United States of America.
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
TIME SENSITIVE ORDERS: Many of our customers order from us right before they are taking a trip. We do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible but we always recommend that you place your order well in advance of any trip you may be taking. Please keep in mind, if you order one of our products and it is a low stock item there may be additional time required for production.
Also, please understand: WE TYPICALLY DO NOT SHIP ON THE WEEKENDS because we are closed at that time. If you place an order of in-stock items late Friday it will typically not ship until Monday.
We highly suggest that you DO NOT attempt to place an order at the last minute. We cannot guarantee that your order will be expedited, especially if we are experiencing high order volume. However, we do try to prioritize orders when possible, if necessary - so feel free to contact us for the most recent information on turn-around times.
REROUTING PACKAGES: We also get rerouting requests at times. Rerouting your shipment is possible in many cases but not always. There are alot of details to keep in mind and there is a charge for rerouting - please read all details below:
- Please include in your order notes what day you must have the items "in hand" if your order is time-sensitive.
- If your trip deadline is approaching and you are concerned that you might not receive your order in time, please try to contact us before the item ships to avoid rerouting fees.
- We are happy to reroute already shipped orders to keep up with your changing itinerary. However, please note that once an order leaves our facility, you as the customer are responsible for any rerouting fees assigned by the carrier. Rerouting UPS shipments already in transit are a $35 fee per address change. USPS charges around $15 dollars per address change.
- Not every shipment is eligible for a reroute. Will check the status of your shipment to be sure it's available for delivery changes BEFORE you are charged rerouting fees.
- Rerouting fees can be paid by an online payable invoice at your request. Please note that once an item is rerouted, these fees are non-refundable.
- Rerouting your shipment can add add several days to the transit time of the item. Changing your shipments address doesn't guarantee you will receive the items more quickly than the expected delivery date.
- We cannot switch carriers mid-shipment (i.e., an item intially shipped UPS at your request and you wish to have it delivered by US Mail).
RUGGED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We pride ourselves in building rugged products that you can use for a lifetime. We’re in it for the long haul and so is our gear. Don’t be afraid to put it to the test. If for some reason you don’t love your authentic BROG gear, let us know and we’ll make it right. If you run it over by accident or the kids (human or animal) tear it to pieces, let us know and we’ll replace it. If you drop it off a cliff or some curious squirrels steal it away in the night that would be hard to replace - but if our products don’t survive your typical wear and tear or even your abuse - we want to know about it. We’re here to help you get outdoors and stay organized. If you have any issues or questions contact us.
// See Our Full Warranty: HERE //
You can return any Blue ridge Overland Gear product in 30 days, for any reason. Please contact Customer Support for more information on returning an item (see ways to contact us below).
Shipping return address: Blue Ridge Overland Gear, 2687 Rocky Ford Rd, Bedford Va 24523
Contact Us By Email:
Email us at: email@example.com (This is the preferred way to reach us, as it allows us to quickly relate your contact info with your full order history).
Please know our Customer Support Team strives to answer emails in a timely manner. We typically reply within 24 to 48 hours - but please note: we typically do not reply on evenings and weekends when the office is closed.
Call Us On the Phone:
(See here for our hours. Closed on evenings and weekends.)
We are a small team but are dedicated to you - our customer! If we are helping other customers, or you call outside of our normal storefront hours, please leave a message with: (1.) your full name, (2.) a phone number we can reach you at, and (3.) your order number.
Please note: if you call via phone but do not leave us a message we will not be able to return your call.