UPDATE: According to Tembo Tusk, any skottle ordered after 12/09/2020 will NOT have guaranteed delivery by Christmas.
What is a skottle? Probably the most exciting thing we've seen around the shop for a while, that's what! At BROG, we get excited about a lot of neat products, but this one involves food, so it's right at the top of our list of awesome things!
- Tembo Tusk Cooking Skottle | Pronounced skō-til or skaw-til, the skottle is a South African outdoor cooking utensil. Anything you can cook on a grill or in a skillet can be cooked on a skottle. And let me tell you, we've come up with a damn extensive list of what we'd like to cook in it around the shop!
- Blue Ridge Overland Gear Skottle Bag | Our Skottle bag is the best way to keep your skottle clean, protected and ready to travel between cooking adventures. These very durable bags are made of vinyl-coated polyester truck tarp and comes in two separate pieces. The main bag holds the skottle cooking surface, burner, and about three 1lb. propane tanks. The leg bag holds the disassembled skottle legs.
- 10,000 BTU Burner for Skottle | This burner cooks at 10,000 BTUs of heat. It fits into the burner cage of the Tembo Tusk Cooking Skottle. It can be powered by a 1-lb. propane tank.
- Tembo Tusk Century Wind Shield | If you've done any skottle cooking, you know it can be a little tough on a windy day. That's where the Tembo Tusk Century Wind Shield comes in. The Wind Shield fits into the skottle's burner cage and blocks wind from affecting the burner flame. The shield works best when the open end is exposed to the wind.
- The Skottle Lid | The Tembo Tusk Skottle Lid can be used with the TemboTusk Skottle Grill. It's an ideal way to steam vegetables, speed-up cooking, and keep food warm. The lid is made of stainless steel. The handle is heat-resistant bakelite. The usable area is 13" wide by 3.5" deep.
- The Tembo Tusk Skottle is pre-seasoned, so you can start cooking immediately.
- Maintenance for is easy — to recondition it, use olive oil or any cooking oil. Heat it on a gas or charcoal barbeque to 450 degrees, or until the oil on the metal stops smoking. Just like your favorite Dutch oven or cast iron pan, the more frequently you use your skottle, the better the non-stick cooking surface becomes.
Skottle grills and components ship directly from Tembo Tusk's manufacturer in California, and typically ship via FedEx. Please allow 7-10 business days for fulfillment. Expedited shipping services for this product will NOT affect fulfillment time. Skottle lids purchased with kit arrive in a separate box from the manufacturer. Fuel canisters are not available for shipments outside of the U.S. Skottle Bags ship separately from the grill components and come from Blue Ridge Overland Gear's facility in Virginia.