This limited run has ended, never to return.
/// LIMITED EDITION: YOUR MERIT BADGE FOR APOCALYPSE 2020! ///
2020 has been a year of dramatic turmoil and unknown unknowns. With a global pandemic, a toilet paper famine, murder hornets, an abundance of natural disasters, civil unrest, an explosive presidential election, and other volatile events, civilization seems pushed to the brink. But you are a resilient soul and you know the best place to ride out the chaos of Apocalypse 2020 - in the outdoors!
If you find solace in overlanding, camping, and the outdoor lifestyle, you know that embracing adventure is the only way to keep your sanity. Though this has been a seriously trying year we are commemorating your self-reliant and adventurous spirit with a limited edition Apocalypse 2020 morale patch.
Get your Apocalypse 2020 morale patch / merit badge to remember a year that will go down in history books. Think of this patch as a reminder to fate that you won't go down without a fight - or at least, one last camping or overlanding trip! Escape to survive! Get outdoors and keep your sanity!
- Embroidered patch measures 3" in diameter (slightly smaller than our logo patch).
- Backed with hook Velcro material.
- Patch will attach to any loop (Velcro) or similar material.
- Exclusive design.
- Limited release! Only 1,000 produced (over half are already gone!)
Please note: patches are not made in-house.
This patch includes some cryptic messaging that few people will fully comprehend. But remember this well so you can pass this secret knowledge on to future generations:
- Apocalypse (ἀποκάλυψις, apokálypsis) is a Greek word meaning "revelation", "an unveiling or unfolding of things not previously known and which could not be known apart from the unveiling".
- The Skull King represents the apocalyptic nature of 2020 - many things have been exposed and revealed in the multi-faceted crisis of this year.
- The gold crown represents the novel 'coronavirus' (COVID-19) pandemic that has swept the globe. 'Corona' means crown.
- The Skull King is blindfolded with the roman numerals: MMXX - which stands for '2020' and the unknown unknowns that have blindsided us all.
- The Skull is on fire with a black and blue fire: this fire represents the intensity and bruising we have all experienced during the pandemic and other crisis events. The blue is also Blue Ridge Overland Gear (BROG) blue.
- Behind the Skull King is a flowing trail of toilet paper still on the roll. This T.P. represents 'the great toilet paper famine' that ensued after the emergence of the global pandemic.
- The patch bears the inscription: 'Escape to Survive, Get Outdoors or Else'. Getting into nature reduces your stress, gives you perspective, and for many of us - camping and overlanding has been the ultimate social distancing. Let this phrase always be a reminder that getting in the great outdoors is essential to your personal sanity - especially in a time of societal upheaval and crisis.